Animals Freaky January 22, 2017 Share 150 Tweet Share 0 A trip to the grocery store nearly turned deadly for a blind dog in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. Firefighters were able to pull the dog to safety. “She’s an extremely bright dog, she had to know something was wrong,” said dog owner Joe Sharkus. The blind husky was in the car when the fire started Sharkus had stopped for groceries. “I said that’s my dog. He said you got to stay there. I stood there but it was tears, just crying. 30 seconds later, I heard a crack of the window. Turned around, I see the fireman carry the dog in her arms. I assumed she was dead. Just a lump in her arms,” said Sharkus. The family’s van was destroyed and the single father on disability is raising two daughters. They don’t have the money to get a new vehicle. “An iPad, an iPhone, a mixture of things that were in there and it’s hard for us to gather items like that on social security you’re by yourself,” Sharkus said. But knowing Christy is home, they’re hopeful for what’s to come.